Anniversary Celebration – Today we are honoring Pastor John for 15 years of faithful pastoral service to Bible Center Church during service! That’s a decade and a half of service, sermons, late-night phone calls, dedication, encouragement, humor, and everything else that makes our pastor the man of God that he is!
Pastor Gary Nelson, Assistant Pastor of Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church, will deliver the sermon today. Please join us for a reception following service at Everyday Café and CKV Suites (532 N. Homewood Ave.).
If you are interested in learning more about Bible Center and membership, please join us for Exploring Membership on Saturday, December 7th at 9 a.m. at the Triplex (7238 Fleury Way). This class is an informal opportunity for us to get to know each other and not a commitment to membership. Light breakfast will be served. Please RSVP to Sister Bernice Perkins at 412-242-4920 or email email@example.com.
We are in immediate of need volunteers to support our afterschool program at both Faison and Lincoln elementary on weekdays between the hours of 3 and 6pm. Volunteers will help with homework and engaging children in activities. If interested, please contact program manager India Harris at 412-242-4920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Retreat – For those attending the women's retreat on March 27th - March 29th, please note that the next payment of $150.00 is due by December 22, 2019. After which, the remaining balance will be due March 1, 2020. Please see Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw with questions.
- Christmas Ornament Exchange – Saturday, Nov. 23rd at 1pm, WARM Center
Please join us for a Christmas ornament, decoration and recipe exchange. Bring a holiday item that you no longer need (ornaments, wreaths, candles, etc.) and trade them for another treasure. Please bring a favorite holiday appetizer or desert to share (along with the recipe if you can). We’ll have lots of fun games to get into the mood for the upcoming holiday season. See Sister Marci Huguley or Pastor Cynthia for more info.
- Annual Christmas Tea – Sunday, December 15th at 1pm, Everyday Café
Please save-the-date for holiday high tea. If you have questions or would like to serve on the planning committee, please see Sister Maxcine Groce.
Join the men of Bible Center for fellowship on Saturday, November 23rd at 10am at the Triplex (7238 Fleury Way). Men’s ministry meets every fourth Saturday.
Pop Up Mall
Please help spread the word about our upcoming Pop Up Mall - Saturday, December 7 from 9 am until 4 pm. Sign-ups are open for vendors at bcpgh.info/popup. The Pop Up Mall is also a great place to pick up some thoughtful gifts for loved ones, or treat yourself! Flyers for distribution are available at the information table.
Children and Youth Ministry
- Final CY Meeting of the 2019: On December 1st we will have our final meeting of the year. All those in the Children and Youth Ministry including those that served with family events (Easter and Back to School), field trips, Children's Church, BC Kids, Kingdom Kids, First Fridays, and College Signing Day are encouraged to attend as we reflection on 2019 and plan for 2020. We will meet in the WARM Center sanctuary towards the front approximately 1:15p-3:00p. There is more information in your email. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
- Memory Verse: "Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.” 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NIV) Children's Church participants remember if you recite your memory verse next Sunday including the book, chapter, and verse number during Children's Church you will receive a prize point.
Kudos! Concerns & Other Opportunities
Kudos, Concerns & Other Opportunities:
Pastor John was appointed as the David E. Epperson Endowed Chair in the School of Social Work at the University of Pittsburgh. His inaugural lecture, Building Bridges from the Cathedral to the Community: The Power of Collaboration for Positive Community Change was last Thursday. Congratulations!
- The Maker's Clubhouse needing part-time staff M-F, 3 - 6 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary School. Please contact the church office for additional information. Employment inquiries should go through Steve Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity Christian School is seeking an afternoon receptionist, hours are Monday through Friday, 11:30 am – 3:30 pm. An application can be found at trinitychristian.net under About Us – Employment. Contact Kennedy Henriquez at (412) 242-8886 or email@example.com for more information.
- Bible Center is looking for a part-time Children and Youth Administrator. Responsibilities include curriculum selection and distribution, scheduling ministers for Children's Church, BC Kids, First Fridays (youth group), home visits and Sunday van drivers for children. This person is also responsible for leading the planning for Vacation Bible School. There is a position description on bcpgh.info. Training will be provided. Please see Steve Davis or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Apply online to become a census taker at 2020census.gov/jobs. This job offers great pay, flexible hours, weekly pay, and paid training. For more info or help applying call 1-855-job-2020.
Did you know you can support Bible Center ministries by shopping on smile.amazon.com? Simply log in with your regular Amazon account info and select Bible Center Church Inc in Pittsburgh, PA as your organization of choice. Thank you for your support!