Giving Statements—2019 Giving Statements will be available Sunday, January 26th. If you desire to have yours prior to that date, please contact the church office at 412-242-4920 and allow 3 days for processing.
Marriage Ministry Winter Picnic –Join the married couples for an afternoon of fun, games and great food on Saturday, January 25th, 4-5:30pm at Everyday Café. All couples are encouraged to come and bring a dish to share. The church will provide BBQ ribs and chicken, lemonade, iced tea and dessert. Please call the church office at 412-242-4920 to RSVP.
Deacons and Trustees—Meeting will be held at the WARM Center on Saturday, January 25th at 8:30am.
Men’s Ministry—Join the Bible Center Men for a time of prayer and fellowship, Saturday, January 25th, at 10am at the TRIPLEX.
Women’s Ministry Birthday Bash—Friday, January 31st at 6pm at Pastor Cynthia’s home (11 Carmel Court, Pittsburgh, PA 15221.) We will have food, fun and games as we celebrate ALL of our 2020 birthdays! Please see Pastor Cynthia or Sister Maxcine Groce for additional information.
Dream STEAM – Elementary school-aged children are invited to join the Maker’s Clubhouse for Dream STEAM 2020 tomorrow, (January 20th) from 9am-3pm at the WARM Center. Children will experience a full day of hands-on science experiments, engineering activities, interactive presentations and more! All participants will receive breakfast, lunch and a snack. The goal of this event is to spark an interest in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) in more children of color.
If you would like to volunteer to run an activity or serve as a general volunteer, please contact India Harris at 412-242-4920 or via email at email@example.com.
Braddock District Meeting—Bible Center will host the Braddock District C.O.G.I.C. fellowship of churches, Wednesday, February 5th through Friday, February 7th. Services will begin nightly at 7pm at the WARM Center. Bible Center members are encouraged to attend.
Children & Youth Ministry
- SAVE THE DATE: Vacation Bible School will be held June 15-19.
- Memory Verse for Sunday, January 26th, “The Earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.” Psalm 24:1 (NIV)
- Field Trip: Children, K-8th grade, our first field trip of the year will be Saturday, February 1st to the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh. We are providing limited transportation and plan to leave the WARM Center at 11:00a for pickups. If you are interested in your child attending or if you'd like to chaperone, please RSVP to Sister Toni Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, January 26th.
- Solomon Awards: Parents/Guardians of kindergartners through 12th graders please submit your children's first semester/trimester grades by February 16th to Sister Stephanie Lewis or Sister Kiva Fisher-Green in person or email to email@example.com. Those that made honor roll will be recognized on February 23rd with monetary awards of $10(K-5), $15(6-8), $20(9-12) and a trophy.
Everyday Café –Everyday Café is now hiring team members! Being a team member means having the opportunity to be an excellent barista and a leader in customer service. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Café at 532 North Homewood Avenue to fill out an application.
Kudos! Concerns & Other Opportunities
Kudos, Concerns & Other Opportunities:
- Petra International Women's Ministry presents “BOOTS ON THE GROUND”: Knowledge Through Engagement Series: Sex Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation Crisis: Who, Where and What Can We Do About it? Saturday, January 25, 2020 11am to 2pm. (LUNCH PROVIDED) at 235 Eastgate Drive. Admission is FREE with pre-registration. For additional information, please call Minister Kim Lee or Elder Nellie Mells at Petra International Ministries (412) 243-7225.
- SAME Engineering & Construction camps provide a rigorous experience for high school students interested in exploring STEM skills and careers. Campers gain a sense of what it takes to become a STEM professional and what options exist to explore that interest from high school to college and beyond. At a minimum, students must meet the following criteria: Be a U.S. citizen. Be at least 15 years old and completed freshman year by the time he/she departs for camp. For more information Visit: https://www.same.org/stemcamps or contact Eddie Gonzalez, Program Manager, at email@example.com.
Did you know you can support Bible Center ministries by shopping on smile.amazon.com? Simply log in with your regular Amazon account info and select Bible Center Church Inc in Pittsburgh, PA as your organization of choice. Thank you for your support!