Let's Get Started! Download the Feast Plan below
- Drink a lot of water!!!
- Begin your day with prayer, praise and worship and Bible study
- Use www.biblegateway.com or www.biblestudytools.com to locate scriptures about what you are fasting and praying for and use the SOAP and PRAY Method (see below) to study and apply them to your situation.
- Download the Read Scripture App www.readscripture.org
- Download the Bible App and select a Bible Study plan from www.youversion.com
- Expect that God is going to answer your prayers
- Talk with your partner(s) about your experience and what God is showing you
- Write down your testimonies of answers to your prayers
NOTE: If you have any preexisting condition, medical challenge, or other health concern, consult with your physician prior to fasting.
1. S—Scripture: Read the chapter of the day listed on your reading plan. Look for insights into the Kingdom.
2. O—Observe: Identify a verse that particularly speaks to you, and write the
reference, the verse and what you observed about that verse in a notebook, on a napkin, on your computer, or wherever you can go back to review it later.
3. A—Application: Personalize what you have read. Ask yourself how you can apply it to your life right now. Perhaps it is instruction, encouragement, a promise to claim or a word of correction.
4. P—Pray: Briefly ask God to help you understand what you have read and to help you to apply it.
a. P—Praise God for all He has done for you.
b. R—Repent—confess any known sins in your life, seek God’s help to change your thoughts and actions.
c. A—Ask God for you need and want.
d. Y— Yield your will to God’s, asking that His Kingdom come and that His will be done in your life, today as you plan your day—
what you have to do, where you have to go, etc.